Why, when the “Infallible Word of God”
appears to disagree with atheist scientists do we reinterpret the Bible and not
Evolution and the Bible
When God said He created the world in six days, if He didn’t mean “six days,” then how do we know He meant Everlasting Life when He said “Everlasting Life”?
If He did not Mean the whole earth was flooded when He said “the whole earth,” then maybe He didn’t meal “All have sinned” either.
How many souls have been lost due to “reconciling” the scripture to science?
God Wrote the BibleGod carefully controlled the writing and interpretation of scripture so it would retain its meaning. He did allow each human author their own writing style, but He could not have stated His meanings any more clearly.
Will we believe God or man?
(By the way, we aren’t talking about just one or two passages of scripture. A Six day, recent creation followed by a worldwide, cataclysmic flood are mentioned in nearly every book of the Bible!)
The major scientific creation organizations have several thousand-member scientists. Most of these are ex-evolutionists who could no longer deny the FACTS of science:
The “Geological Column” often used to prove evolution (with its 13 or so precise layers) is only found in one place on the planet…textbooks!
In real life no more than five layers, (and seldom more than three), are EVER found.
The layers often contain mixed fossils (from 2 or 3 different “eras” together) and layers are often in the “wrong” order.
NONE of this should happen if evolution is correct.
However, this is exactly the evidence we would expect from a worldwide, violent flood.
(And the positions of the fossils’ bodies indicate mass instant drowning to boot!)
Dinosaurs have lived with humans.
See God’s description of Behemoth in Job.
- Human and dino footprints have been found together in several places worldwide
- Cave paintings have accurate portals of dinosaurs (including one showing a fight between what is obviously a T-rex and an elephant!)
- There are several mentions of living “dragons” in western literature over the last 1000 years (works of British Biology from the 1600’s, for example, have very accurate descriptions of mammals, birds, fish, etc. and call many of what we consider “extinct dinos” “currently living dragons”.)
- The Chinese Emperor had an honorary position called “Dragon Master.” It is entirely possible that this did not start out as an honorary position but was an actual office responsible for the care of the royal dragons used (according to Chinese literature/myths) in coronation ceremonies.
- In fact, every people group all over the world has stories of dragons living and interacting with humans. Their art work depicting dragons are remarkably similar, as are their descriptions of the animal's habitats (they live near water and marshes) and behavior (violent and dangerous, even if they are plant eaters, and evidently they don't like elephants). There is no other "mythical" animal this is true of, though it is true of many "real" animals such as lions and deer.
- It is becoming increasingly common for dinosaur fossils to be discovered with fresh (unfossilized) bone and even hemoglobin. We know for a fact that bone and hemoglobin can not survive without decay or fossilization for more than 5000 years. Centuries of observational evidence has told us this. So these poor critters had to have died less than 5000 years ago (the Flood is estimated to have occurred about 4500 years ago, by the way. The remains we are finding now are likely the animals that didn't make the cut for Noah's boat.)
Carbon dating is very unreliable.
- Carbon has a half-life of 1400 years.
- Carbon is entering earth’s atmosphere from the sun.
- we are past that point,
- that the rate of decay and absorption has been the same for billions of years,
- and that there was no original “daughter” material (what carbon decays into),
- nor that any mother or daughter material has been leached away at any time over history.
If the Bible is right,
- the earth has not yet reached carbon saturation point,
- the decay and absorption rates probably would have varied greatly before and during the flood making carbon levels totally unreliable
- modern volcanoes put out “daughter” material, without the parent.
When we measure the carbon age of anything we know the age of and apply the evolutionary assumptions, we get very wrong "ages." When we apply creationist assumptions (a planet less than 10,000 years old) we get the right "ages."
All these problems plague all the other dating methods, also.
If you take two people (Mr. and Mrs. Noah)x 4 children average per family
x 35 years per generation,
reproducing at age 20
with an average life span of 80
x 4-5000 years since The Flood...
you get a world population of 3 billion people.
Today’s world population?
(The smaller-than-average number of children accounts for war and disease killing many before reproducing)
[By the way, using the formula of 6 children per family, an average life span of 900 years, and 16-1700 years between Adam and the flood (the shortest time possible by the Bible), you get a pre-flood population of about 23 million people! Enough to literally fill the whole earth with violence- Genesis 6:11]
All the major geological features...of the planet can be explained at least as well with a global flood as with the long time spans the evolutionists use, and in many cases, explained better. For example, every major river canyon (i.e. The Grand Canyon in Arizona, USA) can not possibly have been carved by the rivers running through them today, even at flood stage. They simply aren't producing enough water to have done the job in less than 6 billion years (evolutionists say the planet is only 4 billion years old). Run off from Noah's Flood, though, could have easily accomplished this massive carving job in a century or two.
The fact is that there simply is no proof for Macro Evolution. There are some nice theories that sound like they might be true, but Creationism can explain just as much or more of what we see in the world in just as scientific of a manner.
The only way anything can be classified as “true
fact” scientifically is if it either is repeatable in the laboratory (which
neither Creation nor evolution are) or if you have a reliable eyewitness.
What is Truth?
Evolution has no eyewitnesses.
Creationism claims The Lord God Almighty as its eyewitness.
This gives the scientific edge to Creationism.The definition of the word “Christian” is “like Christ, follower of Christ.”
Christ gave us the Bible for an instruction manual.
He stated “If you love Me, keep my commands.” We can’t keep those commands unless we read and believe the Bible.
Young Earth Creationism followed by a global flood are taught throughout the Bible.
I have a hard time understanding how anyone can claim to follow Jesus and believe the Bible without believing what It says about Creation and the flood.
For More Information
Institute for Creation Research
The Creation Research Society